Do you like to pop balloons? Well, even if you don’t this opportunity will give you the inspiration to do it anyway. Fairbury’s renown group of enterprising business persona’s, aka The Specialty Shops of Fairbury, are launching a special event week-end that is designed to not only lure you shoppers into their friendly confines but to give you an entertaining reason to leave your TV’s and gaming devices for some shopping fun and excitement. This time of year, especially here lately, has a way of spawning “cabin fever”, the winter blues as they are not so fondly referred to, and, this special collective group of Fairbury’s Finest continue to exercise their creative prowess of applying appealing incentives aimed at giving you folks an escape route that creates a win – win bottom line. This event is coming to you under the label of “Winter Blues to the Moon” and it brings a refreshing opportunity (and reason) to get out, get your mind off the cold drudgery of winter, and see if you can’t find some of those things you need or, just plain want. This group continues its’ appealing efforts to provide our area residents (and visitors) with rewarding paybacks for your shopping participation so do yourself a favor and take advantage of having some fun while you shop and save.
Here’s the places to go, what they’re doing, and when they’re doing it –
Friday and Saturday, January 30th & 31st – for you sports fans, this is followed by Super Bowl Sunday football so get out and get what you need!
There are samples to try, special discounts and sales to save with, and fun in the doing.
- Country Cupboard – tasty samples, deli specials, something called “blue food”, and, you can pop a balloon for a special discount (*)
- Lost in Time/Lost Arts – pop a balloon and see how much you can get off of your purchase of their unique arts and crafts items
- Meyer’s Gifts & Services – more balloons with special discounts inside – pop one for a real deal on any of the many things they offer
- Serendipity Cards & Gifts – still going with the balloons – greeting cards, novelties, and all kinds of nifty things – pop goes the discount
- The Spotted Owl – keep popping, interesting antiques and special lines of merchandise – a good place to browse
- Dave’s Supermarket – they’re expanding the time frame – starting Wednesday, January 28th, they’ve got their four day “Super Sale” (*)
- Heart’s Desire Antiques & Accents – a lot of “in store” specials and a 50% off table with this great array of merchandise – plus a warm drink
- Kilgus Farmstead Country Store – all those good country food items and, buy one ice cream cone and get one free (*)
- Lost in Time/Timeless Treats – get $15 or more worth of these delicious baked goods and get $3 off (*)
- Once ‘n Again – 30% off of all clearance items – no coupon required – some good deals here people
- Frugality – Friday is a 49 cent sale and Saturday is a 99 cent bag sale – hello big savings!
- Antiques & Uniques – if you like glassware here’s your chance – take 20% off of all glassware except bottles
- Doc’s Pharmacy – select one regularly priced item and get 30% off – applies to any store merchandise item
So there you go Fairbury Area – reach out to your family and friends, get organized and have a shopping get together that comes with a lot of rewards and fun. If you need locations for any of these shopping havens there are brochures in all of the local businesses that will give you addresses and directions. (*) Don’t forget Super Bowl Fans – if you are having an “in house” tailgate party there are a lot of things listed up there that can make your tail gate table the place to be – score your own touchdown! Have fun folks and send those “Winter Blues to the Moon”.