Valentines Day – there are some that consider this occasion as just another Hallmark day, bah humbug and the like. However, if you are one of those who see Valentines Day as an opportunity to express your appreciation for that Special Someone in your life, or to make points, or atone for some misgiving, then you’ll be looking for that unique thing that will seal the deal. Lost in Time, one of Fairbury’s fine dining facilities, has what may be the perfect answer for you and your Valentine – they have a special dinner on tap for that evening designed for couples to enjoy each others company with delicious food and someone else doing the cooking and serving. Sally and her staff have put together a pretty nice menu for this event and it goes like this:
- Start with an appetizer for two
- Then comes salad and rolls
- Followed by your choice from three entrees’ – glazed salmon, mushroom stuffed chicken breast with shallot pan sauce, or a beef filet Oscar style (crabmeat topped)
- Each entrÃ©e includes potato and vegetable
- You finish things off with your choice from three deserts prepared by their Timeless Treats Bakery – this is good stuff (spoken by someone with repeat experience)
What could be a nicer way to show your other half how much you appreciate them than to conclude this day of recognition with a romantic, well prepared, dinner? Add this to your efforts to please and you should be able to get to the end of the day with a “mission accomplished”.
Reservations aren’t required but they are recommended.
Of course, if you’re not into all that pomp and circumstance connected to the “special day, special way” theory you can still come up and enjoy a very nice meal with enough choices to make everyone happy – give it a try, we’re betting you’ll be glad you did.
Lost in Time – 200 East Locust Street (northeast corner of Fourth St. & Locust St.) – Fairbury – 815-692-2100