Treasure hunters and bargain shoppers – it’s time for the All Town Garage Sale, Thursday through Saturday, September 27th – 29th!
If you are looking for furniture, electronics, household items, clothes for babies to adults, antiques, collectables, or toys galore – you can find it by shopping our neighborhood during the All Town Garage Sale sponsored by GFWC Illinois Fairbury Women’s Club.
Before you go picking, here are some tips for savvy, serious shoppers shopping the All Town Garage Sale:
- Plan your route – pick up a “treasure map” at Dave’s, Casey’s, DQ, Heart’s Desire, Once ‘n Again and Frugality, or online at the “City of Fairbury.”
- Wear comfortable clothes – you’re going to be walking, bending, lifting, hauling…
- The Early Bird Gets the Worm – visit a garage sale in the morning, just as the sale starts.
- The Night Owl Cleans Up – sellers are more likely to have bargains as the day wears on, nobody wants to put unsold stuff back into storage.
Some tips for savvy, serious sellers selling at the All Town Garage Sale:
- List your sale – some shoppers like to plan their route in advance.
- Price everything – make your items easy to buy.
- Have change – get some one dollar bills, a roll of quarters, and a handful of dimes and nickels.
- Be ready – who wants to stay up all night before a sale pricing items?
To have your sale listed, you need to sign up no later than Sunday September 22nd. Send the name and address of sale, plus list 10 items. Make your check for $10, payable to Fairbury Woman’s Club to Sherry Metz, 13048 N 2150 East Rd, Fairbury IL 61739. For more information call 815-692-2686, text 815-848-2687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
All profits from map sales go to fund projects and donations throughout the year.
Make some cash and save some cash for the holidays and join the All Town Garage Sale!
Thursday, September 27th – 9am – 6pm
Friday, September 28th – 9am – 6pm
Saturday, September 29th – 9am to 3pm