Wabash Days Festival – Forrest, IL – Here you go Folks, how about a fun day that highlights Railroad History in a style that is entertaining for everyone. Forrest, Illinois’ 11th annual Wabash Days Festival will be coming at you on Saturday, September 26th from 10am to 4pm with all kinds of attractions and things to do and see. It will be set up and operating on Krack Street (Forrest’s Main Street) with a full schedule from start to finish so, bring the family, bring your fiends, and bring yourself for fun, food, special merchandise, and entertainment – it will all be there for you. Here’s some highlights of what you can see and do:
- The Track Side Food Stand (next to the Hotel) will open at 7:30am with breakfast and then switch to lunch at 11:00am
- Listening Entertainment – enjoy the music of The Fairchilds and also Living Water
- Old West Style Medicine Show complete with Antique Covered Wagon – show times at 11:00, 12:30, and 2:00
- The Uni-cyclist – performing with a variety of unicycles
- Carriage and Pony Rides
- The Bluebird Miniature Train – pretty much for the kids
- Face Painting – as long as you’re all painted up check out the “Do-it-Yourself Photo Booth”
- The Forrest Depot – newly renovated (ongoing) – will be open for a “look-see” at the museum collections and toy train room
- Classic Car Show – up next to the Depot
- Lots of Street Vendors for your shopping enjoyment
Special Going’s On for FSW Alumni – The Forrest Legion will be open for a meet and greet for all you Eskimo Alumni with various memorabilia on display
Alumni Happy Hour – at the Junior High starting at 4:00 – got some snacks and beverages (non-alcoholic) and a comfortable atmosphere to chat in
The Forrest Food Pantry – if you’d like to make a donation of food or money to this worthwhile function they will have a place and people there that would be happy to accept it.
So, lots of things to do and see and an opportunity to enjoy a day with friends and family while you’re at it – go do it, you’ll be glad you did. See you over by the Caboose!