Great news for 2018! At a recent meeting of the Fairbury Improvement Group (FIG) more upcoming projects were discussed.
Dale Maley, the coordinator of the meeting and the lead volunteer of the group, shared some project requests for this summer:
1. Repaint Archer House building sign (current building is the building to the east of Once ‘n Again.)
• Maley has contacted the building owner and received permission to repaint this sign
• This building has had multiple names. It was decided to paint 1882 Archer House name versus 1891 Sherman Hotel
• The plan is to paint in May 2018
2. Build a ramp access to Sunken Park
• New sidewalk or ramp access for events such as the Annual Local Taste – Flavors from the Farm festival at Locust and 5th Street
• City is investigating adding electrical power to Park
3. New Garden Club Steel Park bench
• New bench was donated by the Garden Club for Central Park
“We are very appreciative for all the work the FIG has put into our community.” says Bobbi McKeon, owner of Heart’s Desire and coordinator of the Specialty Shops Group. “It looks like 2018 will be another full year for Dale Maley and all the other volunteers.”
“Plan to attend the next Fairbury Improvement Group meeting on April 24, 2018, at New City Hall. Stay on top on the excitement in Fairbury!”
Please call Bobbi at (815) 692-4500 with any ideas, comments, or suggestions, or email fairbury@fairburyILattractions.com.