Already one week into the New Year! Many have probably set “New Year’s Resolutions” for 2018. Some may already have given up on their goals… But, wait! There are some guidelines for setting goals. Here are a few:
1. Create realistic and specific goals
2. Don’t try too many at once
3. Ask a friend to join you
4. Schedule “progress checks” throughout the year
Each of us may have personal, individual goals for ourselves – maybe like get more exercise, drink more water, quit smoking, lose weight, pay off credit cards, etc.
What about if each resident would set some individual goals that could benefit our whole community? Some examples might be:
1. Pick up trash on the street if you see some
2. Wave and be friendly to newcomers to our small town
3. Attend a Fairbury Improvement Group meeting
4. Commit to trying to shop local instead of buying online or out of town
5. Dine at a local restaurant on a regular basis
6. Buy your groceries locally
7. Find a project you are interested in – offer to volunteer for a few hours
“If each of us would resolve to a few small goals like these, our small community would see tremendous impacts,” says Bobbi McKeon, owner of Heart’s Desire Antiques & Accents and coordinator of the Specialty Shops group.
“Each one counts – no matter how big or small. Shopping local brings more taxes to our community which in turn helps everyone as a whole. Keeping these goals in mind and committing to them throughout the year will make a huge difference! Here goes 2017. Welcome 2018!” says Bobbi.
“Our Shops group is having their first 2018 this coming weekend Friday and Saturday – January 12th and 13th – Beat the Winter Blues! Stop by each of the Specialty Shops and have some fun while getting out of the cold!” concludes Bobbi.
Please call Bobbi at (815) 692-4500 with any ideas, comments, or suggestions, or email fairbury@fairburyILattractions.com