Don’t miss the Fairbury Improved Group (FIG)’s meeting next Tuesday, May 21st at 7pm at the New City Hall.
At a recent FIG meeting, Dale Maley provided updates for the upcoming season’s projects to enhance and improve Fairbury. There are eight maintenance projects on the horizon:
- There are plans to paint the two pavilions at North Park.
- The North Park picnic tables also need to be painted.
- New screen frames are to be installed at the North Park enclosed pavilion.
- Cost estimates for lights at the volleyball court are being obtained.
- Two new pieces of playground equipment will be installed at Marsh Park, along with an added tire swing on the big swing set.
- The split rail fence at Central Park will be replaced.
- Gazebo at Central Park needs a new roof.
- Dale is planning to create a historical mural of Conrad Munz for Munz Park.
- The window and high trim will be repainted on old City Hall.
“It is so wonderful how the Fairbury Improvement Group under the guidance of Dale Maley gets these projects done. Keeping our parks maintained is a critical part in preserving the appeal of our community.” says Bobbi McKeon, owner of Heart’s Desire.
Another project that was reported is a “Graceland Cemetery Preserve and Beautification” project. This group has a Facebook Page as well. Clean up days for Graceland are set for this weekend, May 18th and 19th. Volunteers are needed!
The FIG group also discussed the upcoming “Fairbury Freedom Festival” at Marsh Park on Saturday, July 6th. This annual event was spawned from last year’s Marsh Park Re-dedication, and Mary Carter is the chief planner. Attend the meeting on Tuesday to learn more!
“Many thanks to all the hard-working volunteers who make these improvements and enhancements to our small town and to those who help coordinate special events like this,” comments Bobbi McKeon. “It all takes a lot of effort and planning! Thank you!”
Please call Bobbi at (815) 692-4500 with any ideas, comments, or suggestions, or email fairbury@fairburyILattractions.com